You Are a Shield about Me (Psalm 3)Series: Psalms (Worshipping God)
1) David's response to his situation: YHWH, protect me, strike, and shame my enemies
2) The results of David's response:
- (vs. 4) The Lord answered from his holy hill
- (vs. 5-6) David slept, awoke, and was not afraid
- (2 Samuel 15-19) Davide acted appropriately toward evil enemies
- He meekly understood he could be in the wrong (2 Sam. 15:25-26)
- He was not filled with hatred - vengeance was not on his mind (2 Sam. 16:9-13)
- His action to take down God's enemies was not hasty or blood-thirsty (2 Sam. 18:5; 19:16-40)
Concluding Applications from Psalm 3
- Salvation belongs to YHWH.
- Jesus is the ultimate kingly example of faith in YHWH when there seems to be no hope.