The Story (A Big Picture View of the Bible)
The Story is an easy-to-use means of helping people see the big picture of the Bible's story and message in five lessons. In order to help new Bible students see the power of God's word, the lessons are driven by the teacher asking questions about a couple main texts. The thoughts written below each passage are not a script; rather, they are a suggested guide to sharing the message of each text and concept. Not all minor Scripture references must be used. All lessons can be taught in one hour or less. Scripture references are in the ESV unless stated otherwise. The Easy-to-Read versions are for those whose first language is not English and they are back in the resources section.
- The file "TheStory" is the full text version.
- The file "TheStory_iPad" is the full text version optimized for reading on an iPad.
- The file "TheStory_Self-studyBooklet" does not contain the Bible text (in most places) and has spaces for students to write their own answers (both pdf and docx formats are available).
- The file "TheStory_Outline" is a 8.5 x 5.5 inch Bible insert which contains the entire outline for "The Story." This is an on-hand tool for teachers to bring into a study if needed. Print in landscape and cut in half.
- "The Story Lesson Book" translated into Simplified Chinese.
Updated December 5th, 2018 (revision pertains to lessons 3)