Give Grace to Hearers; Be Kind and Forgiving (Ephesians 4:29-32)Series: Ephesians (Your Identity in Christ)
James 1:26, “If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person’s religion is worthless.”
Matthew 12:36–37, “I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
- Ephesians 4:29-30
- PUT OFF: Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths.
- PUT ON: Only talk that builds up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
- BE RENEWED: And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption (cf. Isaiah 63:10).
- Ephesians 4:31-32
- PUT OFF: Put away all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander, along with all malice.
- PUT ON: Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another.
- BE RENEWED: Forgive one another as God in Christ forgave you.
Matthew 12:34–37, “Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil. I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”