Lessons from Believing Unbelievers in John
Examples of believing unbelievers
- Nicodemus (John 3:1-21)
- Five thousand who sought Jesus (John 6:22-71)
- The "offspring of Abraham" (John 8:28-59)
- Many of the Jewish authorities (John 12:37, 42-43)
What is real faith that leads to us not perishing but having eternal life?
- Faith is not mentally agreeing with the fact that Jesus is someone great, it is calling him Lord and trusting him in a way that...
- Seeks to be reborn;
- Comes out of darkness, willing for sin to be exposed;
- Seeks Jesus for Jesus, not for stuff he gives us;
- Accepts we are blind and enslaved;
- Abides in Jesus' word and seeks truth in Jesus;
- Loves glory from God, not glory from man.
Hope in Stories of Faith Being Transformed in John: Peter and Nicodemus